About Ken Haebich
Ken is a Chicago based musician. He writes music, teaches music and plays acoustic and electric bass with his own band and many others.
Ken's current projects include:
• NUMBERS – This is the band Ken currently leads. He's assembled a group of crack players, writes tunes for them and then lets them loose. The band features Jim Gailloreto on saxes, Dave Onderdonk on guitar, Larry Beers on drums, Gordon James on keyboards, and Ken on bass.
• THE KEN & JIM SHOW – This duo is a totally improvised musical experience. This doesn't necessarily mean it's just a bunch of noise. Both Ken and Jim know a thing or two about melody and harmony. They listen to each other and create spontaneous compositions as only creative and talented musicians can. Of course, it helps that they have a telepathic musical relationship.
The Ken and Jim Show (for those who haven't already guessed) is: Ken on bass and Jim Gailloreto on saxes. They both have assorted toys and electronics that might be incorporated into any given show. More often than not, Ken and Jim also invite guest musicians to join them on stage and be part of the creative process.
• Ken also plays regularly with The Joe Hurt Trio, a traditional jazz trio (piano, bass, drums) that's known for their funky arrangements of jazz and blues classics. The JHT is: Joe Hurt on piano, Ken on bass, and Redd Holt (an original member of the Ramsey Lewis Trio) on drums.
• Ken is and has been involved with many other music projects. Click on "MUSIC" in the menu above for info on some of these.
• TEACHING – When not performing, Ken is an instructor at Elmhurst College. He teaches composition, jazz improvisation, double bass and directs the jazz combos.